December 13, 2021

Farewell, Bonnie!

Written by Bonnie Kenney, MEd

The last eight years have seen many changes in higher education. Some have embraced these changes with open arms, while the rest have dug in their heels and been dragged kicking and screaming into the future.

Change is not easy. Whether you have a year to transition from a face-to-face class to a blended environment, or you have two weeks to get a course online (there’s a pandemic!), it takes determination, hard work, and collaboration with the Office of Educational Development to make it happen.

I’ve had the privilege of collaborating with many staff and faculty during my time at UAMS. My passion for helping others learn and solving problems has been satisfied. Whether it has been a technical issue with the software or “I don’t have a clue how to teach this topic,” I have listened, brainstormed, and worked hard to present creative solutions to meet those needs.

As I begin a new chapter, I want to say thank you to everyone I have known and had the privilege of working with. My last and best piece of advice is still this: the content should challenge the students – not the course design!

The Office of Educational Development would like to express our sincerest congratulations to Bonnie Kenney on her retirement. She has served the UAMS community for eight years, assisting educators with her Instructional Design, Course Design, and software expertise. Good luck with this next chapter of your life!